Setup Confirmation/Receipt Page for PayPal
When a customer makes a purchase using PayPal, they can click the "Return to Website" button on the PayPal confirmation page to be brought to the Quixly (your) custom Confirmation/Receipt Page that includes the transaction details as well as a link to download the file(s). This feature is available "out of the box", and does not require any setup. It just works :)
However, you may want to have the customer "automatically forwarded" from PayPal's website to the Quixly (your) custom Confirmation/Receipt Page immediately after their purchase. In this case PayPal requires you configure 2 settings. Heres how to do that:
- Open a new window and goto: www.paypal.com
- Login to your account. If you do not have a Paypal account, you will need to sign up for a Paypal Business account.
- Once logged in, click on the "Profile" link in the sub navigation at the top of the page.
- Next, click on the "Website Payment Preferences" link in the right column.
- Turn the "Auto return" setting to ON.
- Enter your website's URL into "Return URL" field. This will be over-written by Quixly later, so it won't ever get used.
- Next, turn the "Payment Data Transfer" setting to ON, then scroll down and click "Save".
- Upon successfully saving you will receive an "Identity Token" (looks like a bunch of random letters and numbers), copy that token.
- In a new window, navigate to your Quixly account.
- Once you have logged into your Quixly account, click on the "Settings" link at the top right of the screen.
- Paste your Identity Token into the field called: "Identity Token", under the "Merchant Accounts" tab.
- Click save, and you're done!